With the explosive growth of the mobile channel and user demand for anytime/anywhere access to mobile services, app providers are stretching the boundaries of security and putting them squarely in the crosshairs when it comes to malicious attacks. Promon SHIELD™ makes it possible to access and manage sensitive data on an infected device, without risking data leakage and id theft.
Achieving mobile application security doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. With Promon SHIELD™, your developer team can implement protection to any mobile app, in minutes!
"75% of mobile breaches will be traced to mobile apps by 2017" - GARTNER
Common threats to your mobile apps
Read more about Reverse engineering & Code analysis
- String literal code structure analysis
- App decryption
- Decompilation of native code (Objective-C/C++)
- Symbol dumping and analysis
- Dynamic / Static Key lifting
- Private and sensitive data can be exposed
- Apps can be reverse-engineered back to the source code
- Code and IP can be stolen, reused or repackaged
Read more about Code modification & Code injection
- App Re-signing / Re-packaging
- Malware payload insertion
- Binary patching
- Library and system service API hooking and swizzling
- Method swizzling / function hooking within app
- Run-time behaviour of app can be altered, causing unsafe or improper operation
- Malicious code can be injected or hooked into apps
- Apps can be modified and tampered with
Add multilayered security to solve these mobile app security issues
Promon SHIELD™ protects your apps from static analysis (encryption and obfuscation). Our technology makes sure the source code is unreadable to attackers that manage to decompile or disassemble them. This prevents the attacker from gaining insight into the structure of your apps, extracting or altering the code and exploiting vulnerabilities.
Promon SHIELD™ also detects and prevents dynamic analysis and real-time attacks. This is the category that GARTNER defines as Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) or Application Shielding. Our technology allows you to safeguard mobile apps against:
- Reverse engineering/decompilation
- Malware insertion
- Spoofing of apps to access sensitive data
- Intellectual property theft and piracy
- Tampering with security controls or sensitive functions
- Unauthorized access and fraud
You can easily turn your apps into a self-protecting app. Your apps can be quickly uploaded and secured in minutes by using our integration tool, or an SDK that is easily integrated in the app. Once secured, the app is immediately ready for distribution via public app stores.
Learn about the key threats to mobile apps.
Understand how secure use of an application can be achieved, even in the hostile environment on infected systems.