Blockchain technology is transforming the way we share data and transfer value. However, cyber security threats must be overcome before it’s ready for mainstream adoption. That’s why Blockware identified a need for a comprehensive app shielding solution.
As secure as traditional banking apps
Blockware is a blockchain development company founded in 2017. Notable products include the TiOS Pay app, which allows customers to store and make transactions using their preferred digital assets. Blockware’s status as an Electronic Payment Gateway provider, and its products based on integrating traditional finance with blockchain technology, means that the TiOS Pay app needs to be as secure as traditional banking apps.
Paul Ryu, the company CTO, explains: “Blockchain’s structure makes it difficult to alter data, but user key management and transaction management can be vulnerable to attacks. Although server intrusions are blocked by network separation, there are risks related to unattended end-points and untrusted operating environments. We, therefore, decided we needed to collaborate with an app shielding provider with extensive experience from financial services”.
- The TiOS Pay app needed to be as secure as traditional banking apps.
- Mitigation of risks related to unattended endpoints and untrusted operating environments.
- Protection against malicious code injection, debuggers, jailbreak exploits and rooting.
- An app shielding provider with extensive experience from financial services.
“We’re using Promon SHIELD™ due to Promon’s outstanding services. We’ve been impressed by the support provided by their engineers, and how fast and easy the integration process is.”PAUL RYU, CTO AT BLOCKWARE
Comprehensive crypto app protection with Promon SHIELD™
App security is often implemented from the outside in, by building a better wall, despite the fact that cybercriminals have been finding ways to puncture holes in these perimeters for years. By adding security that can be part of the app’s source code, our In-App Protection technology involves protecting apps from the inside out. With Promon SHIELD™, the app is self-protecting and protection is restricted to the app only. The attack is blocked by the app itself, and the app continues to operate securely.
Blockware is using Promon SHIELD™ for TiOS Pay, providing its app with multiple layers of protection that prevents malware attacks and user data theft. Paul Ryu emphasizes the user-friendliness, speed and service when asked about why his company decided on Promon: “We’re using Promon SHIELD™ due to Promon’s outstanding services. Promon’s demonstration prior to signing the contract was a deciding factor. We’ve been impressed by the support provided by their engineers, and how fast and easy the integration process is”.
- Multiple layers of protection that prevents attackers from tampering with the app, and malware from stealing sensitive end-user data.
- Fast and easy integration process.
- More end-users served with lower risk.
- A higher level of app security enables Blockware to offer improved app features to their end-users